In general, the Touch Bar MacBook Pro is an excellent machine. It’s fast and well built. However, I’m not a fan of the new keyboard and touch bar, and when you combine that with the list of other issues I have, it’s easy to think that maybe I should have just stuck with the 2015 MacBook Pro.
- I get sticky keys. It seems like this is a thing for a lot of users.
- Connecting to an external monitor is hit and miss, it’ll often just crash the machine, and a force-reboot is the only option.
- Dongles. I’m forever attaching dongles to various cables, this game gets very old, very fast.
- Lack of ports, I’d like some or all of the following; mini-display port, HDMI, USB-C, USB-A, ethernet and a card reader.
- Keyboard travel is too short. You may like it, but I’m not a fan.
- Touch Bar gets in the way. I’d prefer a classic row of function keys, and I liked having the physical volume and brightness keys.
Apple may have pushed to hard this time and misjudged the line between Innovation and annoyance.